This post contains affiliate links which means if you click on a link and choose to make a purchase I may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. See our disclaimer/disclosure policy for more information.
Inexpensive Mothers Day gifts sound so... ungrateful, considering that you are giving a gift to one of the most important people in your life. But if money it tight and your life is hectic sometimes this day can really creep up on you.
Many ideas that are on the internet seem to be for mothers that were born in the 1800's (how many tea cups can a woman want to own?) and our modern moms are so diverse. They might be owners of their own stores or stay at home moms with 20 acres out back that they have to farm.
Mom more than any one know that it is the thought that counts so here are 9 ideas of how to celebrate her at the last minute without shattering the budget and still making her feel appreciated. Do one or several!
1. A DAY AFTER Mothers Day Breakfast - Sometime the day after mothers day can be a sharp let down as Mom is back into the grind. She's enjoyed a great day with all the kids and you want that feeling of pampering to continue. Make up a gift basket with a breakfast for her that she can easily prepare Monday morning! A breakfast smoothie, a jar of really good jam, some croissants and a specialty blend of coffee can stretch out the feeling for another day. Slip in another card that she will find when preparing her breakfast.
2. Freeze a Batch of Her Favorite Meals. If mom is always on the go then she will appreciate having some quick healthy meal options in her freezer that were home made by you. Double up or quadruple a meal that you know that she loves and freeze them up for her. Wrap it up well in a freezer bag and mark on it when it was frozen and a happy loving message with instruction on cooking it.
3. Outside Front Door Plant Arrangement. I am the first one to love flowers but also I will admit that they can be a little too fleeting. A plant arrangement from seasonal flowers that is outside by the front door will cheer her up every time she walks into and out of the home or a plant that go into spectacular bloom that will brighten up a back or front yard.
Lilac bushes have amazing blooms in many colors and a scent that is absolutely heavenly. Best of all your gift will grow every year with blossoms she will be able to cut and bring inside the house.
4. Give her a Manicure and/or Pedicure from You to Her. Buy a bottle of lovely nail polish and take the time to give your mom a proper mani/pedi. Though her hands and feet will look great at the end of it the real gift in this is the time that you will be spending together when you will be able to have a good chat. Or go full out and give her a Spa Day at Home!
5. Computer Help. If mom isn't too computer savvy there might be some things that need to be cleaned up on her computer or things that she would love to learn how to do. Did she always want to join a genealogy site, Pinterest or just get her photos backed up? Make up a card that says Free Computer Service and help her out. You could also make a list for her of great sites and blogs that you think she would enjoy visiting and sites that have great Newsletters (like mine, join up HERE) Inexpensive Mothers Day Gifts.
6. Fold up Grocery or Shopping Bag. There are some really cute fold up bags out there that are small enough to slip into your purse. Always handy to have when you are shopping. You can find them easily at many stores for well under $5. The best thing is that you can find one that suits your mom's sense of style, be it sophisticated or fun and cheerful.
7. Write her a Letter about your Favorite Memories of her when you were growing up. You have shared your life with her and she might not know the moments you admired her, loved laughing with her and truly understood what a unique woman she is.
Take a bit of time and write it out for her. It will be something that she will be able to look at time and time again and treasure. Inexpensive Mothers Day Gifts.
8. A Grown up Photo of all the Kids in a Familiar Pose. Is there a photo you and your siblings as kids that you could reproduce now that you are all adults? If it is difficult for you to all get together then are there separate photos of each of you that you could reproduce now? It is great to see how the kids have changed. Find a photo frame that has two sections to place the kid and adult version of the photos in.
8. Bubble Bath and a Book. If your mom enjoys a good long soak in the tub then bubble bath and a book will be a luxury for her. Is there a favorite author that she enjoys reading or a favorite genres then it will be easy to find at a good second hand book stores.
For the price that you pay for the book it won't matter if it accidentally gets soaked. Let her know that you don't expect her to keep the book in pristine condition and the whole point is to enjoy a soak and read. Inexpensive Mothers Day Gifts.
9. A Vase. While this might seem a bit of a cliche does your mom own a really nice vase that she can pop a few blossoms into when they are brought to her? Vase styles do change over the years and that heavy ornate crystal vase that she inherited from her grandmother might not suit the style of her home and look truly out of place and awkward.
Vases are easy to pick up at any home decor store but there are also shelves of them at thrift shops. Inexpensive Mothers Day Gifts.
For more great ideas read...
Inexpensive Mothers Day Gifts.
Enjoying this article? Get more great reading. Sign up for the More Style Than Cash Newsletter!