Inexpensive luxury for bathrooms is a way to pamper yourself to the very soul. It's in the bathroom that we can really relax, and with just a few of these cheap luxuries you will feel like a million.
There are many definitions of the word luxury but the one that I like the most is "a refinement of living".
While other definitions center on money and indulgence this speaks more to the heart of luxury, it has nothing to do with the cost and everything to do with what it feels like.
No matter how tight money is there are many little things you can do to give your life luxury.
1. Have a special moisturizer, powder and soap that has a luscious scent.
It is a tiny touch of elegance that you can enjoy. If you can't justify the cost of a pricey brand that you want, then ask for it as a birthday or Christmas gift.
2. Have a hook for your bathrobe in a convenient spot. Or even several hooks in convenient spots.
Sometimes the definition of luxury is convenience, if you have to run across the bathroom floor dripping wet from the shower it does not make for a very luxurious experience.
Having your bathrobe ready when you step out makes a great start to the day and an easy inexpensive luxury for bathrooms idea.
3. Gather up everything you need for a good foot soak and a pedicure and keep them together for whenever you want to indulge yourself.
Nail trimmer, skin scrapper and moisturizer are a must. Have a basin just for this. For a natural soothing soak use Epsom salts available at pharmacy's for only a few dollars. Epsom salts claim to remove toxins, soften skin and remove odors naturally.
With these always on hand you will just have to grab your basin and a fluffy towel and you are ready for your pampering pedicure.
5. Toothpaste. Use a toothpaste that you absolutely love the flavor of. It might cost a tiny bit more than what is on sale but what a great way to start your day when you have a bit of luxury on your toothbrush.
6. Change your everyday bathroom supplies into beautiful containers.
Why have ugly bottles and boxes on your counter when you can easily swap them out for beautiful items. Here a cut glass tray and cut glass sugar bowl are used for soaps and Q-tips.
Vintage glass is cheap at thrift stores and looks beautiful when grouped together.
7. Place candles around the bathroom and have a luxurious soak.
Candles often go on sale after Christmas and Valentine's day. The 50 tea lights that were placed in this bathroom were only $1.22 on sale after Christmas. The great thing about this is that the candles will be reused several times over again so the experience will only end up cost about 30 cents each time.
8. Have flowers in the bathroom, just a bloom or two or have a orchid which will love the humidity and last for months. I love to have white flowers in the bathroom year round like these white daffodils in the spring.
9. Look for fabulous luscious towels on sale, before you start looking research so you know quality and price.
I love white towels because they are easy to bleach clean an remind me of a spa experience.
10. Spa day at home. Don't make excuses why you can't pamper yourself! A spa day is also a day of renewal that will get you energized.
Maybe you need to realize that taking the time for yourself is one of the ultimate luxuries.
Luxuries don't take a lot of money but they do take some thought and sometimes a bit of effort. So enjoy the little inexpensive luxury for bathrooms ideas that you can, and try to find more of them whereever you can.
I love figuring out perfect inexpensive gift ideas so I can give the ultimate affordable gift that I know people will love.
Do you have a mountain of gifts that you need to buy every year and you don't know what to get anyone?
Here is my suggestions for all sorts of gift giving that look fabulous and are appreicated but don't cost a fortune.
Enjoying this article? Get more great reading monthly. Sign up for the More Style Than Cash Newsletter!