My daughter will be going off to university this September and I keep wondering if I have told her everything she needs to know.
Like my mother and grandmother before me I seem to be a fountain of constant information, so she tells me and yes, she has heard this all before.
Quite frankly it is what mothers do, try to make sure that their kids are prepared for when they leave the nest.
Here are 25 things that I had learned from my mother that will always stay with me and I think helped me deal with life.
1.Our life is made up of small moments, never be too busy to enjoy them.
2. Understand that you can not spend more money that you make and continue to be happy.
3.If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.
4. Procrastination robs you of your happiness.
5. No matter how painful a situation you will feel better someday and it is often sooner than you think.
6. Your health matters, never take it for granted.
7. Make good food a priority in your life.
8. People will judge you on how you look so always be neat and tidy.
9. Keeping your home clean matters. Make your bed every morning and have a clean kitchen every night. It will make you feel in control.
10. Always make sure you get the credit for the work you have done.
11. Keep your resume up to date, you never know when opportunities will appear.
12. Be curious, about life and people. Things are not always how they seem.
13. Always be polite and kind to the people that serve you, they take as much pride in their work as you do in yours.
14. You can't do it all by yourself all the time.
15. Make use of all the technology around you. We live in amazing times.
16. Keep everything you own in good repair.
17. Keep in touch with your friends, it is easy for years to slip by without seeing them.
18. Keep up to date with what is going on in the world, stay informed.
19. Never let anyone have complete control over your money.
20. Television (and internet) can be addictive, don't watch them mindlessly.
21. Don't bring things into your life that you don't have the time to look after properly (plants and pets).
22. Always trust your instincts and your first impressions. Even if they are not 100 percent true there will be a sliver of truth to them.
23. Men overrate their abilities by 30 percent while women underrate their abilities by 30 percent. Know your own value, it's more than you think.
24. Successful people learn from other people's successes and admire them instead of envying them.
In a rush but want to explore More Style Than Cash further when you have time? Add me to your Favorites or follow me on Twitter.
For more Articles chose from Crafts, Decorating, Food and Entertaining, Fashion, Gift Giving, Stationery and Cards, Health and Beauty, Kids, or Money Matters.
Photography and Content
Copyright Ingrid Talpak 2012